1. Emtec Product Limited Warranty
The end user purchaser (“Consumer”) of the product should first contact their place of purchase (“Reseller”) to verify rather or not the Reseller will accept the Consumer under the Reseller return policy.
Should you not qualify for your Reseller return policy, the Consumer may apply for Emtec’s non-transferable limited warranty in the conditions set herein. This should be done through the Emtec website.
EMTEC limited warranty provides that the product is free from material physical defects in materials and workmanship when used with Emtec’s user manuals, technical specifications, or any other guidelines published by Emtec during the warranty period.As a reminder, the use of any EMTEC product should only be for the purpose for which it has been designed and under normal conditions.
EMTEC does not accept any liability for any improper use or any misuse of one of its products. EMTEC’s warranty will be strictly limited to the terms set forth herein. Liability on the malfunction will be decided by EMTEC solely after analysis of the defective product.
For Consumers, who are covered by consumer protection laws or regulations in their country of purchase or, if different, their country of residence, the benefits conferred by EMTEC’s herein limited warranty are in addition to all rights and remedies conveyed by such consumer protection laws and regulations, including but not limited to these additional rights.
The warranty provided herein shall be the sole and exclusive warranty. EMTEC disclaims any other warranties expressed or implied to the fullest extent of the law including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness or any other obligation on the part of the company with respect to products covered by this warranty. Emtec shall have no liability for any incidental, consequential or special damages. In no event shall this warranty require more than the repair or replacement of any part or parts which are found to be defective within the effective period of the warranty.
2. Warranty Period
For EU countries, EMTEC provides a 2-year warranty* from the date of purchase for its products. For other countries, EMTEC provides a 1-year warranty* from the date of purchase for its products.
*Rechargeable batteries in EMTEC products are backed by a 6-month warranty from the date of purchase.
3. Warranty Application
In case you are not qualified for your Reseller’s return policy, you may apply directly for Emtec limited warranty. With prior authorization of an agent from the Emtec Customer Service Center, you will be asked to follow a precise procedure detailed by Emtec support team. EMTEC Customer Service Center will require a proof of purchase of the product that indicates the price, location, date and Reseller.
Emtec will, at its discretion and depending on each individual case, provide warranty service by either repairing or replacing the product with either a newly reconditioned or refurbished product of equal or greater capacity, or with another equivalent product.
4. Exclusions From Limited Warranty
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of EMTEC.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
EMTEC shall have no liability under the warranty in respect of:
Damage, defects, breakdown or malfunction due to one or more of the following:
– Failure to properly follow the installation process and instructions for use
- An external cause to the equipment (including but not limited to: lightning, fire, shock, vandalism, inappropriate conditions of electrical network or water damage of any nature)
- Modifications made without the written approval of EMTEC
- Unsuitable operating conditions, particularly of temperature and humidity
- Repair or maintenance of the equipment by persons not authorized by EMTEC
– Wear and tear from normal daily use of the equipment and its accessories
– The malfunction is the result of a lack of maintenance or proper cleaning of the unit,
– The replacement of accessories and supplies: including but not limited to batteries, remote controls, accessories, cables, etc.
– The replacement or repair of products resulting from slow oxidation
– Direct and indirect, material and immaterial damages as a result of product breakdown
– Improper use of electrical/power supply
– Dropped product
– Transportation damage
– Damage due to insufficient or bad packaging of equipment when returned to EMTEC
– Usage of new versions of software without previous approval of EMTEC
– Work on any equipment or software modified or added without the prior written consent of EMTEC
– Modification or evolution of the software used or in connection with the equipment carried out after the initial launch date of the equipment
– Malfunctions not resulting from the equipment or from software installed in user workstations for the purpose of use of the equipment. Communication problems related to an unsuitable environment including:
- Problems related to access and/or connection to the Internet such as interruptions by access networks or malfunction of the line used by the subscriber or his correspondent
- Transmission faults (for example poor geographical coverage by radio transmitters, interference or poor line quality)
- A local network fault (wiring, servers, workstations) or the failure of the transmission network
- Modification of the parameters of the network or communication protocol carried out after the sale of the product
– The normal servicing [as defined in the user guide supplied with the equipment] as well as malfunctioning due to servicing not being carried out – servicing costs are in any event always borne by the customer
– Malfunctions or damages resulting from the usage of products with other devices
– Abuse or misuse, including but not solely limited to, the failure to use this product for its normal purposes or in accordance with EMTEC instructions on usage and maintenance
– Defects resulting from usage of the product in conjunction with accessories that are not approved by EMTEC for use with this product or not approved by the accessories supplier
– Damage of the battery caused by overcharging or failure to use in accordance with the specific instructions of core outlined in the product user manual
– The serial number on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible
– The batteries are charged by chargers other than those approved by EMTEC
– Any of the seals on the battery enclosure or cells are broken or show evidence of tampering
– Cosmetic damages such as scuff marks, scratches, cracks, and unglued or torn parts not detrimental to the proper functioning of the device
– The loss of removable parts, protective cap, lanyard, installation CD, etc.
– Impossible-to-use services due to poor Wifi, ADSL or TNT reception
– Speeds are given only as an indication with the mention “up to.” It shall not give rise to any claim. It is the maximum theoretical speed at which the product was originally tested.
– If speeds or size are not given, they shall not give rise to any claim
– According to the standard calculation mode of GB and the required formatting, there may be a difference in storage capacity between the true capacity and the capacity stated on the packaging. It shall not give rise to any claim.
– Any infections as a result of a virus or the product use with software not provided by EMTEC
– Taking into account the nature of the battery, EMTEC will not warrant the behavior in time of the battery either in term of capacity or charging/recharging time
The loss or deletion of data or application stored:
EMTEC will not be liable for indirect or consequential damage including the loss or deletion of data stored, as well as the damage to any applications following a restoration or failure of the product. The consumer should be reminded that it is their sole responsibility to back-up the data stored on the hard disk or internal memory of their device before the device is returned to the service department.
Non-EMTEC Branded Products / Third Party Products
EMTEC’s Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not EMTEC-branded, even if packaged or sold with EMTEC products. Non-EMTEC branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer’s warranty provided by the product manufacturer. Please see your product box and literature for details.
Therefore, EMTEC will in no way be held responsible, under any circumstances, for any damage of third-party products from the use with EMTEC product and any break of third-party product’s warranty.
Any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of EMTEC.
– All third party software provided with EMTEC products is excluded from any warranty
– EMTEC will in no way be held responsible, under any circumstances at all, for loss of data
– EMTEC warranty is only for material. It is suggested that one regularly backs up their personal data.
– EMTEC will not be held responsible for the access conditions of web-based services, links to services or any disruption related to the delivery of links or services
– A software update is not a product repair. However, it can often improve the product functionality. Consequently, it is highly recommended and will not enter in the “product failure” category.
– (1) An EMTEC technician will examine each returned product and, at EMTEC’s own discretion, determine the status of the product (DOA or other product failure) and will proceed to repair or replace it
– (1) All products without confirmed failure will be returned at the dealer’s own expense
– (1) Accessory replacement is not considered “product failure”
– (1) The term “dead on arrival” (DOA) will be applied only to products that need specific components replaced or repaired, which means the product has a manufacturing defect. Apart from all legal obligatory rules, these products will have to be returned within 10 days after acquisition.
– EMTEC will in no way be held responsible, under any circumstances, for indirect, consequential or accessory damages
(1) Applicable to dealers
5. Out of Warranty Repairs
In the cases set forth above as well as after expiry of the Warranty period, the customer must ask EMTEC Customer Service Center for a cost estimation and must accept the cost estimation and agree to pay the charges mentioned in it before returning the product to EMTEC.
The repair and delivery costs must be paid by the Consumer in advance of repair…